2013 US National Parks Tour Overview

2013 US National Parks Tour Overview

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Truckers Best Kept Secret

I just took my first truck stop shower.

Yep.

I said it. I did it. 

I showered in a gas station. A truck stop but really it's a gas station. With a McDonalds attached. 

This particular truck stop even got bad reviews online, but then I ask you, "who reviews gas stations?"

Since it had cheap gas, I told A, who was just as desperate as me in this southern humidity to GET CLEAN NOW, to fill up while I checked it out. 

The clerks were both women, so I asked a lot of questions and asked if I could see the showers before we committed. This isn't our first pay shower, it's just the first at a gas station. The one at the outdoor store was pretty gnarly so I expected similar or worse from a gas station. 

I was WRONG. 

The bathroom, for it is a full bathroom with a sink, toilet and shower and ample room to move about in, is nice. Not just nice, but nicer than a decent hotel-hell, it's nicer than my bathroom at home! It's so nice that I am literally typing this post on the screen of my iPhone because I couldn't wait to tell you. 

And the hot water...it's so hot and never stopped. I took a long hot shower then A got in and took a long hot shower and since he hasn't yet shrieked like a little girl, I assume his water is still hot. Oh yeah, for the price of one hot shower, they let us use the room together, got us extra towels and didn't give any time limit, as can be usual with pay showers. 

So, though I have a lot of compassion for truck drivers and know their lot can be hard sometimes, now I know their secret-they are taking some of the best showers in the world. And if you think ew yuck when you realize I just took a shower in a gas station, I promise you, I'm less gross now than I was 20 minutes ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment