2013 US National Parks Tour Overview

2013 US National Parks Tour Overview

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Slowing Down Time

I read somewhere that the reason times seems to speed up as you age is that you have fewer truly novel experiences and that your brain stops attending to the more routine events.  The article further stated that you could slow down by changing up your routine.  Like driving a different route to work or trying a different type of food.  Change things up.

As a naturopath and treating people with the aftereffects of chronic stress (adrenal fatigue), I struggle because creating routine can be a great stress releiver and way to treat adrenal fatigue.  

On this trip, nothing much is routine and I'm so glad, because I want to slow time down.  Even after a few days, I feel like, "What?!  We've already used that many days?!"

In addition to novel experiences, I'm just practicing being present in as many moments as I can.  Instead of just burying my nose in a book and having and hour go by without my noticing, I'm trying to be in that slow moment, stay present and even feel the slight discomfort of not doing anything at all which is so foreign to my culture.  

No comments:

Post a Comment